Thursday, March 11, 2004

Gummy Bear kisses

One, in just simply catching,
Two Gummy Bears entwined in kissing,
As though it were some fact I was missing,
About their rather strange predicament,
Of in the plastic confinement…

And with a rather hurried touch,
I aim to break their amorous lock,
With jellied fingernails set prying,
With a hard jealous eye a spying,
To split these vapid bear from such holding dear…

As though they were birthed of an eternal mold,
Their touch stays fast,
Their bodies hold,
And as with an elastic “twang”,
Did “snap” their arms around each other again…

Their lips turned gently,
To let the furry noses pass,
Such sweet gesture cannot last,
As if it meant their merriment,
This concept now,
It had me quite bent…

I hacked with toothpicks,
To sever their fingers,
A butter knife,
But the caressing lingers,
Nothing less than flaying their chests,
Would from this entanglement wrest,
Admit defeat,
Is not within,
My grasp of letting this horrid sin,
Go unabated uncaringly in,
My morbid gaze,
My hate now brimmed…

Matches succeeded in burning me only,
And keep me rather precociously lonely,
And with baited consequence,
Relinquishing myself to the gummy resilience…

I sit on the floor,
And cry with a vision,
All hateful and spiteful,
Devoid of compassion,
I begged of my brain,
“Who allowed this liaison?”
Of who promulgated this union without reason?
Without necessary rhyme,
Out of contrast and season…

Why do you mock me?
In pastel shades of jelly,
So inhumanely defrock me,
To reduce me so utterly,
I profusely detest,
As I’ve waited the best,
Of my fifty plus year of betting,
That PEOPLE are human,
And thus made for loving…

I put them down,
Like so much jelly,
So much dread up heaving,
In my churning belly,
Joining such concepts with reckoning folly,
Two bears embracing,
I calculate and tally…

My hands are limp from jealous prying,
Eyes read and raw from crying, dry them, crying,
Fingers dead from so much groping,
Breathing gets tired from long hopeless hoping…

Lips now sweet,
Hopelessly sticky,
For finding a place for my friends so quickly,
As they plummet and turn down my narrow throat,
Their disappearance is surely worth quite the gloat,
For I am ONE with my captors,
Those that tease me with love,
But now that I have consumed them,
Perhaps I’m vicariously loved…

No comments: