Thursday, January 08, 2009

moments

at this moment, everything is stable and not a thing hurts. the sick ache of disappointment is a just a memory of things past and a thing coming down the road at us. let the coroner know that at this very moment of my life a purge adequate enough for a Brooklyn plumber was released from my tender heart to disappear for now into the black city smog. there is sure calm before the storm, and as we both lick our wounds and prepare for a bigger and badder disaster i will keep a memory of the moment i first met those brown feline eyes. the moment i lost my self preservation in the high winds. the moments spend at the nape, unreclaimable. the moment it stopped, and i breathed like a high. like a sweet spot of cold air. the moment it stopped. the moment history taps your skull and says adieu.

1 comment:

Lazy Sophist said...

A man walking past me said with a smile: "You could go and ask them to lock you up."

I looked after him. It was a well-known lady-killer whom everyone called "The Duke." Not even he understood my condition, a man I knew, whose hand I had shaken. I stopped still. Locked up? Well, I was mad, that was true. I felt insanity in my blood, I felt it rushing through my brain. So that is where I will end? Yes, yes! I started my slow, mournful walk again. That was where my ship would tie up!