Monday, March 12, 2007

Guten tag, Taipei

Molly confided in me that she was flying to Taiwan to teach English to little kids. I was headed to New Mexico to make my fortune in flier design and subversive publications. Little time to think about the consequences.

I had a year off from writing, a serious loathing for the unknown, and some bad habits like wasting time. She had a shattered belief system, some good jokes, and a habit of wasting her time with me. We figured it was time for something else.

Instead of shacking up, we picked the congruency of forced separation. We talked about it all damn day. We laughed, we drank; we cried and understood.

Molly thinks I'm crazy to talk her into it; its hard to push and pull at the same time. I hope we are just as ready in a year to scrap something together out of this. Either way, I'm writing. Molly would be proud.

No comments: