Friday, July 15, 2005

Ha! Prepare for new "Blog Daily Doses"...

Well, for the record, there is nothing more beautiful in this petulant little world than persistence; so that’s just what I’m gonna do. Instead of being a piss on the party kind of guy and posting these 12 page monstrosities every two weeks, ill take a hint and lighten up a bit, work the daily post routine and even try to show my personal side. What will this accomplish? Well, it will be a more formidable essay into my existence and a much better opportunity for me to bitch… For those of you that give a shit; good for you…

Today I would like to tell a story about a dear friend of mine named Chastity. She is a darling girl from the distant and northern USA, and though I consider her a close friend and a like mind, she is doing something unbecoming today that I will point out and harass her for.

Chastity is going to, that’s right, Ozzfest.

For those of you who have lived in buried busses for the last thirty years, Ozzfest is the rather annual opportunity for mediocre heavy metal-ish type bands to propagate their following and to spew forth their product in an overpriced forum. This year will see the likes of Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Mudvayne among many others much to my chagrin. You might know these bands from hit singles often talked about and relished in pop culture satires such as “Wayne’s World” and “Joe Dirt”. Appalachia greatly awaits your rhythmic strumming sections and bass ass lyrics that bring to mind the travails of a young man trapped in a magnetic field; his body forced to emulate iron to survive.

If you are unfamiliar with these groups, or have fallen out of the loop; please feel free to walk by your local Hot Topic Outlet and engorge your senses. You will find a myriad of band appropriate t-shirts, patches and bumper stickers that will appease your quest for knowledge.

Well, good for you nonetheless dear Chastity. You ARE getting out of the house for a little while and you are being social. Plus you are doing something a bit more spontaneous than eating celery. I have a few friends that have bad taste in music too, yet I don’t shun them entirely. Mind you, they know there is a time and a place to talk about such things. You still have a higher place in my book; knowing that you hesitated for even just one moment. First instincts count for a lot you know!

Anyhow, I’ll miss you for this day; and strangely I will hang close to my monitor for stories about the whole trip. Your fierce insights into this event will be enough to quell my anger; cause it’s damn good to have one of US on the inside!

So keep rocking that classic crap rock, and wish my girl here some fun! Nice people will send her money and items to help her purge her lovely brain after all of this is over. No, I’m not kidding… Send her some nice DVD’s or something. Anything…

1 comment:

Johny Manic said...

aww.. A prefect storybook ending. Johny luv's you too, with all his smushy heart!