Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My kind of people

I think there are two types of people that sit alone in coffee shops. The depressed; and the depressed and waiting for someone. They sit in lounges and on poolsides too, and maybe those are just the two types of people to begin with.

You can stroll into that new city brimming with hope but the essence and draw of life will eventually let you know that these little things you do are just a distraction from what eats you inside.

Or maybe im just less hopeful than the people that frow in nobodys direction as I speed past their car windows and groping headlights. Maybe I take shit too seriously and convert their passive stares into angst and a wholly deprived mode of mind, I succumb to the projection of state and boil about what bad news they just got or how within that situation I would be unable to survive.

Truth is that we are all equally unable to survive it all, and maybe thats why we wait in coffee shops and hope for someone to come wake us up. The caffeine cant do a good enough job of keeping us awake, and I can understand that, because we are purposely slipping away, slinking under our chairs for the pity of humanity, avaoiding glares and shedding small talk just to devote full attention to those heavy doors that any moment could swing open and deliver our next new reason to live.

No comments: